Oakes Field Campus
On Campus Housing
On campus housing is located at #21 Gregory Street, a 5-minute walk from the Oakes Field Campus in close proximity to a supermarket, 3 popular fast-food eateries and several commercial banks. Also in close proximity are two pharmacies: one on Poinciana Drive immediately opposite the Portia M. Smith Student Services Centre and the other on Nassau Street, north of the Campus.
Apartments are fully furnished with air-conditioned bedrooms. Buildings A and B can accommodate up to 4 students per apartment and up to 5 students per apartment in building C. A computer lab is available for student use 24-hours each day. Students also have access to an in-house laundry facility consisting of washing machines, dryers and clotheslines. On-campus housing is situated in a gated community with 24-hour security and surveillance cameras.
A $500.00 one-time, refundable housing deposit is required for all residents, including scholarship recipients. The deposit is refunded following the student’s last semester in residence provided the student:
- checks out of the residence with a Resident Assistant;
- turns in his/her room key to a Resident Assistant;
- ensures that the assigned living space is clean; and
- ensures that there has been no public area damage or defacement or damaged or missing fixtures and/or furnishings.
Students pay a nominal fee of $500.00 per semester to live on campus. Electricity, water and cooking gas are included in the fees. Students who are enrolled in at least one course, may stay on campus during the summer session at a cost of $250.00 per session.
To be eligible for on-campus housing, students must:
- be from one of the Family Islands;
- be full-time, that is, enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester;
- maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00; and
- submit a completed Residence Life Application form. [form]
Once approved, students must:
- submit a completed medical form [form] to the Campus Nurse by 30 September for admission in the fall or 31 January for admission in the spring; and
- provide documentary evidence of their vaccination for Measles, Mumps and Rubella.
Off Campus Housing
Off-campus housing is available throughout New Providence. The Department of Housing and Residence Life assists students in securing suitable accommodation. However, students are responsible for making final arrangements with landlords. Transportation to and from UB is readily available via public jitneys during scheduled periods.