To be considered for admission into a UB graduate programme, applicants must:
- Possess a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 grade-point scale at the undergraduate level;
- Submit a statement of personal goals and professional objectives;
- Participate in an interview;
- Submit a current resume/CV; and
- Submit three recommendations using the Graduate Studies Reference Form.
- For admission into the MBA Accounting, applicants must have an undergraduate degree in Accounting from a recognized institution or have successfully completed Intermediate Accounting I and II andCost Accounting.
- For admission into the Higher Degree by Research, applicants must prepare a brief research proposal (not more than 5-pages including references) on the following: aim and rationale of the study, brief review of relevant research in the field, statement of the principal focus of intended research and the problem the study seeks to solve, research question, significance of the study, intended methodology, anticipated project costs and how research will be funded (if required), requirements for specialist equipment or resources (if needed).
Applications are required from all persons who wish to pursue a UB graduate programme of study or enrol in graduate classes. Interested persons should:
- Complete the Graduate Admission Application form.
- Submit three (3) recommendations using the Graduate Studies Reference Form.
- Pay a non-refundable processing fee in the form of cash, debit card, credit card, money order, or bank draft payable to University of The Bahamas at the Business Office, Ground Floor, Student Services Centre, Oakes Field Campus.
- Submit completed application form, a copy of the processing fee receipt and supporting documents (a copy of the relevant pages of a valid passport showing passport number, photo identification and expiration date; self-statement and academic credentials) to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request an official transcript be forwarded directly from the last school/college/university attended to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research at email@example.com. Applicants who graduated from College of The Bahamas/University of The Bahamas need not request that COB/UB transcripts be submitted.
- Participate in an interview.
The Office of Graduate Studies and Research is responsible for processing applications for graduate student admission and preparing letters of acceptance for qualified applicants. Applicants will be notified in writing once application forms and supporting documents have been processed. Successful applicants will be issued a Letter of Acceptance indicating the following:
- UB graduate student identification (ID) number.
- Degree and programme to which they have been accepted.
- Name of the academic advisor.
- Campus to which they have been accepted.
To accept an offer of admission, students must notify the Office of Graduate Studies and Research.