The NSLS is the largest leadership honor society in the United States. Our NSLS chapter at University of The Bahamas was started in 2007. Our local chapter is part of the national organization with 700+ chapters and over 1.4 million members.
Students are selected based on exemplary academic achievement. As of 2021 we have 1,199 members who have access to:
- More than $400,000 in scholarships.
- An exclusive NSLS job board.
- A personalized letter of recommendation.
The NSLS leadership program teaches the interpersonal skills that employers seek to give you an edge in the job market. Hear directly from current members as they share how their experience has changed their life.
If you become a member, some of the other benefits are:
- Learn from exceptional leaders like former President Barack Obama during exclusive Speaker Broadcasts.
- Meet new friends and make lifelong connections (on-campus and virtually).
- Overcome challenges with success coaches shortcutting your way to success.
- Access to private networking events.
Visit the NSLS website to learn more about and accept your nomination.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the common questions we receive are listed below. If you have any other questions, visit nsls.org to chat with a team member or email email@example.com.
What do I have to do to become inducted?
Our five-step program takes approximately 12 hours over the course of the semester at your pace.
Is this recognized on campus?
We are a Registered Student Organization (RSO). As of 2021, we had 1,199 in our chapter and there are more than 1.4 million members nationwide.
Contact Person at University of The Bahamas:
Mrs. Shantell Mackey
NSLS University of The Bahamas Chapter
Telephone: 302-4378 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org