To provide a diverse range of recreational activities and non-competitive sports for varying fitness levels providing an opportunity for students, staff and faculty to expand their horizons, de-stress, become physically active, connect, and have fun.
- Provide opportunities for participants to partake in a variety of activities and sports in a recreational or competitive atmosphere.
- Actively promote sportsmanship and enjoyment of activities.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for all participants and staff.
- Provide an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression
- Provide a venue for participants to meet new people
- Improve programs through feedback and constructive discussion with participants, students, staff and faculty.
- Offer volunteer/employment opportunities to students in several disciplines enabling the development of professional skills and experience.
The University of The Bahamas Intramural and Recreation Department offers:
- Team Sports
- Individual/Dual Sports
- Recreational Activities
All opportunities are offered to suit varying skill and interest levels. Our friendly professional and student staff are committed to fostering teamwork, sportsmanship and leadership in a clean, safe, and social setting. Individuals and organizations participating in Intramural Sports should exhibit an attitude and understanding that good sportsmanship and fair play are an integral part of the activity.
- Basketball 5 v 5
- Flag Football
Activities to come:
- Campus Assassin
- Obstacle Course
- Four Square or Kickball
- Persons must be a current UB student, faculty or staff member.
- Persons must form a team and select a coach or team representative to liaise with the Intramural staff. The coach/team rep is responsible for filling out the team roster and returning it to the Intramurals office.
- Students wishing to participate can register by creating an account on the IM Leagues website or by following the website link accesible on the #UBinRec facebook page.
Director of Intramurals and Recreation
Student Affairs, Oakesfield Campus
Phone: (242) 302-4498