The Office of Career and Placement Services is committed to providing students and alumni of The University of The Bahamas with the proper tools, skills, and resources needed in developing and planning their careers and in launching successful job searches that will lead to opportunities to fulfilling their career goals.
We also strive to build collaborative partnerships with community organizations and prospective employers in our effort to bridge the gap between theory and practice, while seeking to create a comprehensive resource centre that will service the university and the community at large.
If you are a student seeking career information and entry level positions, an alum thinking about making a career change, or an employer looking to hire, the Career and Placement Office can help you achieve your goals.
- Providing individual career counselling, testing, career exploration, resume preparation assistance, job seeking techniques, job referral, interview coaching and practice, and workplace orientation.
- Providing up-to-date information concerning jobs, including job vacancies for undergraduates and graduates.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with a variety of employers.
- Maintaining a current register of graduates and undergraduates who are seeking employment and/or career/job change.
- Conducting career and pre-employment seminars for students seeking career information and employment.
- Collaborating with academic staff in order to provide an integrated career development programme for students.
- Maintaining an up-to-date record of local and international career development initiatives.
- Providing online access to job listings and information for students and alumni.
Career & Placement Counsellor: Tel. (242) 677-3263