STATEMENT: Application Process Commences for the Government Tertiary Grant Programme
3rd July 2019
The application process commenced on Monday, 1st July 2019 for the Bahamas Government Tertiary Grant Programme. As was communicated, the programme covers tuition, compulsory course fees, stipends and accommodation grants for students who qualify based on the criteria. To be eligible, applicants must:-
- Be Bahamian citizens;
- Be enrolled full-time (i.e. taking a minimum of 12 credits per semester, which includes new and returning students);
- Maintain minimum satisfactory academic requirements (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00) and remain in satisfactory disciplinary standing with the university. Teaching and nursing grant recipients must comply with the GPA requirement outlined in their Contracts of Study in order to receive their stipends.
The one-time enrolment process is actively engaged. To date, there are approximately 1,400 applicants who have completed the process. We remind persons of the steps to apply using their UB-issued user name and password:-
- Visit www.ub.edu.bs;
- Log on to “Banner”
- Select “Self Service”
- Input your username and password;
- Under “Additional Links”, click on “Financial Aid”;
- Select “Apply for Student Aid”;
- Follow the prompts to complete the process (An online navigational guide is also available.)
Please be reminded that all current students who wish to take advantage of this tertiary grant must apply to be enrolled in the Government Tertiary Grant Programme. This includes students who are currently receiving government financial assistance at UB (Bursary, Teacher Education, Nursing, etc.) as well as new students who meet the eligibility requirements.
Persons who require further information can contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at 302-4370 / 302-4371 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of University Relations
University of The Bahamas
2nd Floor, Michael H. Eldon Complex
University Drive, Oakes Field Campus
P.O. Box N-4912
Nassau, The Bahamas
Tel: (242) 302-4355/4354/4366