Deferred Payment Plan (DPP)
UB offers a short-term instalment payment plan to help students cover the cost of tuition and fees. Bahamian citizens or residents who are in good financial standing may apply for this assistance. Students pay the non-refundable processing fee and one-third of the total bill with the remaining balance due in two instalments over a two-month period.
To enroll in the deferred payment plan, you must meet the following approval criteria.
Students applying must:-
- Have paid all prior balances outstanding in their student’s account in full.
- Be registered for the semester to be covered by the time period of the plan.
- Be a Bahamian Citizen; and/or Resident.
- Have a $300 minimum balance in tuition and fees.
- Pay a non-refundable $50 processing fee.
- Pay the initial ⅓ down payment due upon enrollment.
- Provide either a Visa credit card, Mastercard credit card or debit card for payment of the processing fee, initial down payment and deferred instalment payments.
Application and Payment
The application and payment process for the Deferred Payment Plan is online only, via the Payment Plan portal feature in Banner Self-Service (Student)
After successfully verifying all approval criteria are met:
- Login to Banner Self Service (Student) with your UB-issued username and password.
- On the Home menu bar, click on “Online Payment”.
- On the next screen click on “Payment Plans”.
- Click on “Enroll in Payment Plan”
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
The initial ⅓ down payment and $50 processing fee are required upon enrollment.
Once the initial down payment is paid, the second next installment payment is due one month after enrollment and the third and final installment payment is due two months after enrollment.
There is no prepayment penalty and no interest charge.
A $50.00 penalty fee is charged each month on all late or incomplete payments.
DPP applications are accepted throughout the registration period for the fall and spring semesters.
Enrollment must be completed before the deadline to pay tuition and fees to avoid deregistration.
Please contact the Business Office at 302-4299/302-4526