Harry C. Moore Library & Information Center
The Harry C. Moore Library provides general collections, specialized Bahamian, Caribbean and Law Collections.
The Hilda Bowen Library at Grosvenor Close Centre
The Hilda Bowen Library provides specialized collections to support the Nursing and Allied Health programmes. Its mandate is to meet the needs of the undergraduate students and faculty of The College.
The collection consists of resources needed to support undergraduate nursing and allied health, pharmacy and environmental health programmes at the Bachelor of Science level as well as post-RN courses in such specialties as midwifery, psychiatric, community health and intensive care nursing. There are selections of books on public health, health promotion and health policy. The Library also has a good collection of health-related Bahamian publications: legislation, statistics, studies, reports, historical accounts and theses and is the deposit library for World Health Organization and Pan American Health Organization documents
Collection: The collection includes the following resources:
- Books – approximately 5000 volumes
- Periodicals – access to thousands of nursing and medical journals online through EBSCO, JSTOR, as well as through legacy print and microfilm collections.
- Audio Visual materials – 300 VHS videos and DVDs
- Newspaper Clippings Files – files on topics of current interest
- Special Collections – Bahamian Nursing History Archives and Rare Book Collection
University of The Bahamas-North Library
The University of The Bahamas-North Library provides general and special collections to support Bachelor degree programmes in Education and Business Administration and general education offerings at the University of The Bahamas-North.
The collection consists of approximately 2,553 volumes, including non-fiction and fiction books, vertical files, periodical titles, audio-visual hardware and software, newspapers, and electronic resources.
- Reference Collection
- Serials Collection
- Bahamian & West Indian Collections
- Vertical File Collection
- Audio-Visual Collection
- Videocassette tapes
- Audiocassette tapes
- Electronic Collection
- EBSCO Electronic Journals
- W. Wilson Research database
- Social Issues Resources Series (SIRS)
- Caribbean Trade Reference Centre (CD-ROM)