To be eligible to graduate from UB, students must pass all of the courses as specified on their programme of study, achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 in major area courses, unless otherwise indicated on the programme of study, and be in good financial standing. Using the Graduation Evaluation Form, students must apply to graduate no later than the dates indicated below.
Before submitting the completed Graduation Evaluation Form to the Records Department, students must:
- obtain the signatures of their academic advisor and Chair;
- attach their Programme of Study/Advisement Form;
- complete the UB Exit Survey; and
- pay the requisite graduation fee at the Business Office, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 pm. weekdays.
Once they have submitted an application to Records, students can check their graduation application status online.
Students are advised that:
- Failure to meet the deadline for payment of graduation fees and submission of the Graduation Evaluation Form will delay the processing of their application and the ordering and receipt of their diploma.
- LATE PAYMENT may result in their graduation being delayed.
- There is one graduation ceremony for Summer Graduates of the previous academic year, Fall and Spring Semester Graduates of the current academic year.
- Upon verification that the programme of study has been completed successfully, that all programme requirements have been met and that all outstanding bills/balances have been paid, a University of The Bahamas diploma will be conferred.
- UB diplomas will indicate the degree or certificate awarded.
- Diplomas may be collected on a date to be published.
- The Records Department will contact applicants who do not meet degree/programme requirements and are ineligible for graduation.
Fall Semester: Last workday in September.
Spring Semester: Last workday in January.
Summer Session: Last workday in May.
Levels of Pass
UB awards 3 levels of pass in each degree programme:
- Distinction: cumulative GPA 3.51 – 4.00
- Credit: cumulative GPA 3.00 – 3.50
- Pass: cumulative GPA 2.00 – 2.99
Letters of Completion
Students may request a letter of completion from the Records Department. This letter will confirm that the student has successfully completed all of the requirements for a specific programme of study.