I am privileged to serve as Dean of the Faculty of Business, Hospitality and Tourism Studies. My tenure has been marked with much growth and development which is reflected in our faculty, students and programmes. Our goal is to:
- Provide students the opportunity to participate in scholarly pursuits and develop core competencies to solve meaningful business, tourism, hospitality and public policy issues.
- Develop leaders and solution creators for the business, hospitality and tourism sectors who are able to make stellar contributions to their respective industries.
- Help students embrace learning opportunities so they explore their passion and employ critical thinking strategies.
- With the support of faculty, engage students in research opportunities to better prepare them for success in graduate school and/or their chosen careers.
- Become a data-based decision making unit driven by accurate and reliable data that support key business, tourism and hospitality performance metrics.
- Embrace and encourage a culture of continuous improvement with measurable results.
Our programmes continue to meet the needs of business professionals and the hospitality and tourism industries. Our faculty work tirelessly to ensure that we equip students with the requisite knowledge and research tools, best practices, and personal skills so that they impact the public and private sectors of our economy. In conjunction with Graduate Studies, our Master of Business Administration degree programme encompasses three tracks: leadership; entrepreneurship and innovation; and financial decision making. This programme provides students with specialised skills to effectively manage and lead organisations, direct financial decision-making processes and become successful entrepreneurs and innovators.
To date, we have shaped thousands of alumni who have become leaders and difference makers. Our graduates are hard-working individuals who can be found throughout the length and breadth of The Bahamas and around the world. They are building connections and forming and creating innovative ideas that will lay the foundation for the growth and development of our country.
Finally, it is an exciting time to be a member of the Business, Hospitality and Tourism Studies community. We stand at a unique moment in time as we transition to University energised by the challenges that lay ahead. We must continue to prepare our students to become leaders with the competencies, characters and fortitude to solve local and international business, hospitality and tourism issues and challenges. We invite them however, to confront and resolve every challenge with the motto of this great institution: “Knowledge, Truth, Integrity”; may it always be a part of their moral compass as it guides them toward success.
Remelda Moxey, B.Sc., M.B.A., C.P.A.
Assistant Professor, Accounting/Acting Dean, Faculty of Business, Hospitality & Tourism Studies
Office: A-115, Keva Bethel Building, Oakes Field Campus